Friday, February 27, 2015

Lab 5: Graphing Elevation


The task of this lab was to determine the elevation along some path and graph that elevation. I measured the path that I took on a trip to Colorado when I traveled from the Denver Airport to Glenwood Springs. The path shown is an approximation, not the exact path I took.


X-Axis=Distance in Miles
Y-Axis=Elevation in Feet Above Sea Level



















I used Google Earth tools (including the path and ruler tools) to create a path, determine 10 mile increments, and determine the elevation every 10 miles. As the graph shows, the elevation from Denver to Glenwood Springs increases until about halfway then decreases. This is due to the mountainous terrain as this path goes right through the Rocky Mountains.


No comments:

Post a Comment